Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Around Bowen Island Race 10th 11th June

I'm going to let the pictures do most of the talking (Lucky you). Any questions leave me a comment. Anyone know how to get more involved in this type of racing back in the UK, Please Please leave a comment!!!
Bowen Island. The scene that greets you from the dock. And no it isn't named after the great Jim Bowen
The view out from snug cove, where our boat was docked
Slightly better view.
Captain Terry getting the weeknd under way on Friday night when we arrived at the dock
Kevin, Pauline and Capt Terry in a pirate hats at dinner. This would explain a lot. I woke up at 4.30 am with a stinking hangover. I went all the way to the dock to get a shower, only to realise that I needed a loonie. I left my wallet back at the boat.
The bstart line crammed with 150 boats. We were recalled 3 times. We were leading the entire fleet at one point
Cap't Terry discussing with our navigator the best way to get away from the dreded L'Aristo boat.
Spinnicars raised for the dash home.
Thought I'd get the sail in for framing this time.
Beautiful mountains
wonderful forearms. Ahem!
The dock party after the race was in full swing as we returned to our home for the night
The view looking back over to the land
Capt Terry and me enjoying a beer at the end of a hard days racing. We had an early night (Not together) and it was just Terry and me that sailed home. I got a bit of a master calss, from the Tasmanian Devil himself.
Thanks to Terry, Sheila and all the Crew for having me back and letting me love every minute of it. You are wonderful people and you do great things. Thanks a million.
Andy.

5 comments:

Paul Banks said...

I thought that first picture of Captain Terry was you for a second. Its the beard.

Oh and I beleive to do this type of sailing back in the UK you have to first get on a plane and secondly fly to Vancouver.

Bully said...

Did you have your contacts in?

Paul Banks said...

Just look at the last picture of you and Captain Terry. Its almost impossible to tell that you're the one on the left.

Simon said...

Banksy's took a shine to captain terry, looks great fun tho

Lewis said...

Love the England shirt. Will you be wearing it when you're back in England?