Thursday, April 02, 2009

Hello everyone,

It's been nearly 3 years since I last blogged. At that time I had just returned from Canada. My last post was a quick summary, a thank you and a reflection on being home, before I signed off. The intention was always to carry on blogging. To use the blog instead, to keep in touch with the Canadian friends I left behind as I continued to enivitably stumble through re-adjustment, jobs and relationships.

So why am I back now? Well, I have done facebook and twitter. None of them are quite as pure, quite as personal and in depth as a blog. I hope Blogger doesn't go the way of friends re-united (Billy no mates).

Secondly, I no longer want to treat the blog as a shrine to Canada. The hangover has gone on long enough. It's time to continue the story.

Thirdly, I may finally have tomething to say. I'm changing my career. I'm off to do teacher training at Roehampton. My passion is History, and I think that the energy I have for something I actually know a bit about, will hopefully rub off on future generations. Changing the world one child at a time. Foolish idealist.

A lot has happened in the last few couple of years. Holly, hobbies and hopes are all new. But more of in later posts.

It's not always been easy, but there has always been room for fun.

So lets have less of this in the future.

And more of this.

Ciao for now.

1 comment:

Dee said...

So glad to see that your back. I have watched your adventures on Facebook but you're right it's now the same. I like the commentary. Glad to see that you are happy, healthy and having fun.