Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Thank you and goodnight!

I should be in Belgium with my Dad, on his surprise trip he had organised as a leaving present for me. He has gone on his own. I felt a bit sad as I dropped him off at the station this morning.

I am in Cheshire instead! Regluar readers may have already sussed why I have had to drop everything an dash up north. My grandmother who was defying the laws of natural science with ther cast iron will to live, has passed on.

It's a mercy, she was in a tradgic state. However, she would never admit she was beat, and I hope that just some of the stength she has displayed in the last few years has passed down the genitic line to me.

The funeral is on Friday. It's rare that all the family, grand children and all, get together at the same time. The more centimental amongst us think that the last time we were all together was my grandads funeral nearly 20 years ago, but I'm sure there was one summer holiday at our caravan where we all got together for a BBQ. Still, I have been warned that photos will be taken of us all together again (The last photo was at grandads funeral!). The next time we will all get together will be a wedding. But Whos???? Hummm.

Preporations for Canada are going well. I have got my finances sorted out and bought my last clothing bits. The one thing we haven't done is to get a Canadian Flag for our leaving do on Saturday (Cock Tavern, Great Portland Street, 7pm). We even went to the Canadian Embassy, but all we got off them were Ferrero Rocher. Lovely people.

Ian and I still have no plans for when we get there, but as Spike Milligan once said "We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong!" Genius!

Bye for now! x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy, sorry to hear about your Nan.

Good luck with the next year and I hope you have a really fantastic time in Vancouver.
Take care of yourself (and Ian, god knows he needs it ;)
Lots of love
Lucy
xxx

Bully said...

Will do Lucy. Promise!