Monday, October 17, 2005

Wine Women and Re-sit exams.


(Gavin modeling our new favourite bar)
Well dear reader it's been a busy weekend. After a week of interview and tests (not all of which have gone quite accoring to plan) we hit the weekend in style. Friday night we went to a bar owned by an Austrian, that Gaving (Featured) knew called the Black Frog. It was a fab little palce that served good beer and good food. As we have been here nearly 2 weeks I decided to have a small taste of home by ordering fish and chips. The rest of the cohort, must have felt the same as 5 of us ordered the same thing.
We decided to move on, but where? As usual it was raining and there were queue's a cover charges wherever we went. However, in an audacious attempt to loose our new room mate Jeff, (we left him in the company of some Canadian women in a queue for a bar we ouldn't be bothered to queue for) we criss-crossed around the city and found ourselves in Malonies.
This pub come blues venue was great. There was only a small charge to get in, and the live music was great. Spured on by the infectious rhythems, I started to dance!!! The creaky old knees started to whirl again. Not since the days of the Ballroom in Keele Students Union have the public been privy to such a bendy torrent of limbs.
I was already half-cut by this point so in my minds eye, I was a dancing like a legend. In reality, it was more like an octopus on speed (the camera never lies).
So fueled with self confidince was I, that I even asked out Sanja (Simons girlfriend Ellies best friend from Sweeden) on a date! Apparently she would have accepted if she wasn't flying back to Sweeden in Sunday. And before you say that was the catalyst for her departure (Jolly Boys!) it wasn't (well not totally).
Severe hangover later, sunny Saturday was a right off. Typical! Had to sleep most of it of, but did manage to stagger to the phone in the morning and wish Dad a Happy Birthday!
Saturday Night, I can't remember why, but we decided to go out again (oh yes, to watch the Grand Prix). We emded up in a bar called Panama Jacks. it had lots of omfy seats and a free pool table. What sealed the love affair was the cheapest beer we have seen so far.
Added to this that there was a club DJ which we got into for free (saved $4) because we were already there. The owner was really nice too, kept telling us to "shoot billiards" and "have a great time".
Sadly had to go home at a sensible hour as my liver was creaking, but promised I would be back. I gave them my e-mail but as yet have heard nothing.
Ok, stupid time. I did some more exams for another agency on Friday. However, I didn't realise that you could go back and answer questions that I had got wrong again if you had time at the end! Therefore I called up in my most authoritive voice and begged for another chance. I went again today and did better. How much better I don't know. At least I should rank as an intermediate now (the entry standards are tougher here than in England).
Ian had just been offered work, (Horrah!) from the agency he went to thismorning. I am booked in their tomorrow. I know what sort of questions they might ask as Ian has done a successfull dummy run. I hope I can follow in his footsteps.
He's on a good wage too. Good for him and wish me luck.
Andy xxx

1 comment:

Simon said...

Nice Blog! You might find more hot girls in Buffalo's on Granville Street. The hottest women, the wettest t-shirts.
Rgds
Simon

;)