Monday, February 06, 2006

Hey!! We're off to New Mexico!!

Yes, it's true. Laura is taking me home! Don't worry, not to keep, just to borrow. I have left Ian with food in the fridge and the Video Club membership card, so he'll be well looked after.

I'm going on March 7th and returning on 15th. I'll finally have something exciting and worthwhile news to challenge the growing number of young upstarts who have created their own blogs and are challenging the supremacy of the Old Guard, of which I count myself.

Mr and Mrs Banks are in town!! How exciting. Mrs Banks, being a devoted fan of nextquestion is obviously a woman of sound judgment, sophistication and taste. I am looking forward to meeting them both, if Paul can fit Ian and myself in during their busy schedule.

Other news: The sun came out yesterday. Many Vancouverites ran about screaming thinking the world was at an end. Ian and me, sensibly waited until after dark to go out for a walk. All those UV ultra-violent rays could seriously damage skin that hasn't seen the sun since 2005.

Oh last thing! We had a video night on saturday and watched Casablanca. It was very cool. Ian and I had to set the scene a bit, telling Jade, Hannah, the South African (I think her name is Gilly??) and Laura, the fact that their was a big war a long time ago and it made people very sad and they had to move house!

Once the scene was set the film made a lot more sense. We all had a great night. Must do it again soon.

TTFN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beware of the Colonel Zub!!! lol

Don't worry, you won't be without alcohol ALL week...I'm one of Laura's friends who's cool with it...

Don't forget your sunscreen...

Bully said...

Thanks Sarah,

Look forward to meeting you in only 3 weeks time!!!

How exciting! A holiday!!!