Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ians' Blog.... Dito!

Ian made a very interesting comment yesterday. Apart from the 2 hours we spent apart when I along with some other fellow missionaries, went to teach the natives to play 'soccer', we haven't been more than 15 feet away from eachother. This is understandable concidering we are both on a very similar schedule and it's great that we haven't even uttered a cross word to eachother, but it does make our blog enteries quite similar.

This doesn't mean that you shouldn't read Ians blog, as you naturally get all the infomation you need in my handily packaged blog. He writes well! Best of he he has the USB cable which means that he can put photos on his. Therefore click on the link to his and check out the view. I hope to be sorted with photos very soon.

If for some bizzare reason, you have ventured here from reading Ians blog first, then don't worry yourself; you're here now.

You would also know that we have been looking for work. Like Ian, I have three interviews for agencies. I have had my first and it went well. My IT skills could do with a bit of brushing up (Ian has a slight advantage over me here, but I am nothing if not persistant) but indicatiors are that there is a fair bit of work about. I have another interview tomorrow morning and then one on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll be working then.

Ian is at his second interview now. I hope it goes well. If it goes really well I could give up work completely and become a house husband. I could devote myself to the art of stand-up or something equally silly (my pursuit of guitar excellence). Don't think it would look to good on my CV.

Really want to move into my flat now and have a regular job. I get most of my to do list done in the mornings which leaves me a bit at a lose end the rest of the day. I don't like time to ponder. I am very motivated at the moment. Sadly, I have to play a bit of a waiting game.

I'll have a look at some jobs on the web. It least I feel I'm doing something positive. Ian was right when he said he had no motivation in London, but here we are job hunting like wolves. We have made some great progress but are desperate to keep the motivation going. As we are here for such a short time, we don't worry about what jobs we get. We have rent to pay!

The most amusing thing that has happened today was when I went down for breakfast. As I was off to an interview, I was in my suit. In the usually packed canteen, I had a table all to myself. Nobody wanted to sit next to me. As I went to get some juice, a man offered to pour it for me. Somehow, just by changing my clothes, I have assumed a position of power.

I'll do the same tomorrow!

I'll be standing by the phone. xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bully,
Glad to hear its going well over there. Remember when you go for you interviews, to enhance your position of power, by combining your suit with a rather lairy tie. Ie a 'looney tunes' 1. Never did me any harm back in my days back at 'the quest'. well...
Hatch