Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Andy the Gr8!!!

You may have guessed from my egotistical title that I finally did something good! More familiar readers will also know that it was 5-aside football last night. I usually average around 3 goals per game, once I got four. I'm usually lagging somewhat behind King Banks, but I take heart that I never actually know what team keenie is playing for.

Last night only 15 people turned up which meant we could only muster 3 teams. This in turn meant that we would play 14 mins on and 7 mins off. Over the coures of 2 1/2 hours we managed to play 12 games.

The more you play the more chance to score, plus the opposition get tired. This coupled with a tiny bit of skill and a lot of huff and puff contributed to my goal tally of 8 last night.

King Banks maintained his usual standard of play making and dribbling excellence, setting up a number of my 3in tap ins, and Keenie was heroic in defence. Keenie even scored twice, one of those was in the opposition net. Classic Keenie!

We only lost two games to my memory. Afterwards many ambuli were called to deal with the exhaused ex-pat footballing community as we were all in the later stages of dehydration.

On my return home I found British Hannah there. Welcome Hannah from the motherland! She brought proper chocolate, todays newspapers and proper sized bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale. What a star!

2 comments:

Simon said...

There better be some brown ale left!

Anonymous said...

dad says,well done DURACELL