Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Best Tour Ever!


(The Brewery)
Hi fans,

Ian and I decided to treat ourselves yesterday. Ian has worked hard all week, and I did TWO WHOLE DAYS, so we decided it was high time we kicked back and treated ourselves. We decided to head over to Granville Island. It's a wonderful little bristling place with markets and funky little shops. It also houses the Granville Island Brewery. It's a micro-brewery that produces about 5 million liters of beer a year. It's all pretty low-tech, but being a man that likes to fully immerse himself in the culture of a new land, I was unsurprisingly already familiar with most of their brands.

The tour was split into two. The first 5 minutes was spent showing us around the brewery and telling us a bit about it, how the beer is made yada yada yada. The next three hours was spent sampling and talking to other sophisticated, urbane, beer loving Canadians. They have never heard my stories!!!! Everybody else had heard them at least 6 times, and frankly, it's never as good after the third time. It was nice to have a new audience. When ever I meet new Canadians I like to try to be a young Alan Wicker, witty, clever and very dapper. (The man is a pro and should be made Sir Alan in the New Years honors List) However I rarely manage to pull it off.

(Humm Lovely beer)

In other news, Ian got called up by those Crazy Canadians Jen and Lowell, he met when he went coat hanger shopping. So on Thursday we went to a rather trendy little night spot where one of Jen's friends was DJing. That was great fun, we'll certainly be heading back there. These crafty Canadians know all the best places.

Ian nearly got run over yesterday. He was crossing the road when it was safe and the green man (or white as he is here) directed him, but a car swerved around and Ian took his wing mirror off. Ian was not hurt, but the car came to a screeching halt and the driver got out the car. Ian got ready to run, but this not being Britain, the driver started apologising. Ian said he almost felt sorry for him.
Last but not least, I have been out dating this week. How exciting!! I can't say much because I don't want to jinx it, but coupled to that, there isn't a lot to tell. All I'll say is she's called Laura, she's very nice and hails from New Mexico, Yee ha. However, she seems to have lived everywhere. She's also a mean darts player!
I'm pooped. To much Granville Island fun. I had better get home and get Ian his dinner. Being a house husband is not all it's cracked up to be. Still, I start work again on Friday.
Until we meet again.
Andy x

1 comment:

Ian said...

That's a pretty tough one. I'll try and email you tomorrow with instructions. Once you've done it once its easy enough.