Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Work and no wine! No fair!

I was going to have a good old moan on my blog today, but luckily for you but unluckily for Ian, I moaned at him most of last night and got it out of my system. (After that we had a great conversation about Bond films. So all's well that ends well)

My new job has quite a steep learning curve. Things are done a little differently here than they were back at the NEBP. Firstly, I'm not in charge any more, which means they more organised, efficient and in not in complete chaos all the time.

Secondly, I'm working on my own again, so the capacity for cocking things up and getting the blame is greatly increased. The lady whom is taking up most of my time appears permanently stressed and less than helpful to the new boy.

To further my angst, I am on the 'No fun detox plan'. This self-imposed ban on eating out, drinking is designed to save a bit of money and alleviate the chronic pain in my liver (just kidding Mum!).

I have been very social lately, (as one should when in a foreign country) but I have a small window in my schedule, which allows me to rest, recover and get some washing done before Fridays fun and frolics (it's Chris and Deb's 21st Birthdays. Congratulations!)

Hang on, this is turning into a moan isn't it?

In other news, Ian and myself are "Art". For more details click on his blog, but we were asked to be involved in a video arts project. Under normal circumstances I would have probably made polite noises and declined, but seeing as we are in Vancouver, I decided to embrace the project. So Ian and I were filmed being interviewed. I think it's going to be exhibited in the gallery, so if you're over that way see if we're there.

Only more 2 hours to go. Then I have to go home and clean my apartment. Dam it will the excitement ever stop?

1 comment:

Bully said...

No probs Debs. Glad I could be of service.

It doesn't happen all that often