Thursday, December 22, 2005

Ladies and Gents, Mr & Mrs Ralph


I’m supposed to be working, but I have come over all Christmasy and so (combined with the fact that I just don’t care anymore) I have decided to give up working for a few minutes and would like to wish many congratulations to CHRIS and DEBS who have decided to have us over for Christmas. (Oh and they got engaged as well. Should probably mention that; such a scatter-brain!)

On a very romantic surprise visit to New York (Laura - don’t get any ideas. I’ve no idea how this was financed) Chris, slipped on some winter ice and fell on one knee and hurt himself. Chris turned to drink in order to ease the pain, however the agony prevented him from completing the sentence. I will put the words he missed out due to the agony in brackets, to help paint a fuller picture

“Ah, the pain, will you (go for a ‘bloody’) Mary (with) me, to ease the suffering of my pain in my (leg, foot and) soul?”

Since coming to Canada we’ve all enjoyed a drink or two, but, Deb’s over emotional, “YES” and throwing her arms around him in ecstatic joy, made him think perhaps she enjoyed a drink a bit too much (there’s always Gav and me Deb’s).

It only dawned on Chris what had actual happened, when he received the bill for the ring Debs had just ordered. But as you can see, Chris was truly delighted with how it has all turned out.



The best thing is, is that they have asked me… Yes me, to marry them in a civil service in 2007/8. Don’t worry, I have booked those two years off in my calendar to make sure I’m free! There’s NO GOING BACK NOW YOU’VE ASKED ME!

To Chris and Deb’s (joking aside) I wish you all health and happiness in your future together. (Just imagine what the kids will look like)

No comments: