Monday, December 05, 2005

Hello Again!

I shouldn’t moan really, Vancouver is treating me extremely well. I love the city, the people, the ‘Batcave’ (i.e. my flat), Ian (in the manliest way possible of course), the Bunac20, and I have met a lovely lady (The Über Zuber). Who could want for more???

It’s just my job really sucks!

I was flicking through some old e-mails when ordering food, and I noticed my predecessor in his goodbye e-mail to the caterer, referred to me as the ‘new sucker’. Charming! Although in fairness he did also say that I was ‘actually a nice British guy doing the work travel thing’. If he liked me, why didn’t he tell me to run! Run like the wind before I realised the full horror!

It’s not that bad. I have had worse jobs and the moneys good! So quit moaning Bull.

Gavin has landed perhaps the best job in the world! (Especially if you are Gavin). He is now an official beer quality control tester for a local B.C. Brewery. He tests for purity and colour. I can honestly think of no better man for the job… Except me!

Happy birthdays to Chris and Debs who 21 apiece. Also, our man from the north, Simon had a splendid 22nd birthday bash and Marks on Broadway on Friday. Much fun and dancing was had by all. I had an especially fun time, but I’m not going into that now. I’m sure someone will post incriminating photos before too long.

Tomorrow night is the Party Bizarre Christmas bash, and I’m Laura’s date! Cool! I’m very excited. It’s in a hotel in Vancouver, and it sounds as if it will be a lot of fun. Andrew Keen, who also works at the Bizarre, is taking a tall brunette with him. His name is Ian.

I think it may have something to do with the magic of the Cowboy shirt, or the Kitsilano air, but I have renewed enthusiasm for my guitar. I want to practice more that ever, work with my book and improve my technique so that when I am back in Ol’ Blighty, I’ll have something that that I fostered and nurtured in Canada. I want to write myself some tunes that will chronicle my time here.

Poor Ian is suffering in silence, bless him, I’m less Eric Clapton, more Andy Clapped-Out at the moment, but so help me god I’m going to get better!

Just wish all this crappy work wouldn’t keep getting in the way.

Must go another crisis has just arisen. Oh Heck!

Bully x

No comments: