Monday, December 12, 2005

Wondered Why? This is why!

Hello everybody! How are things with you? Things with me are pretty much the same. My job keeps me bordering on insanity and I’m still not the rock legend guitarist I would like to be (I’m starting to wonder if I’ll ever get that elusive gold disc).

However, Laura is already getting worryingly good. The guitar was meant to be my thing. Her thing is that she can speak German. After 2 weeks intensive tuition I can now say “Hello my name is Andrew. Two large beers please”. All the modern traveller needs I’m sure you’ll agree!

I felt a bit uneasy this weekend. I felt like I was not making the most of this wonderful location, but I didn’t know what to do with myself. This is very like me. I have a lot of passion and energy, but have no real focus to channel it. This leads me to often get frustrated with things.

Ian came to the rescue on Saturday afternoon, by suggesting that we go for a walk around Kitsilano Beach. I had plenty of energy to spare so why not.

The sun was beginning to set which unleashed a brilliant array of pinks and purples over the clear bay. It was a sight. All nagging questions and frustrations that had been plaguing me seemed to fritter away into insignificance and I felt totally relaxed (a very rare thing for me). I really began to put things in perspective and felt a lot better for it. Life is for living good people. It’s just a lot easier to do out here than at home!

I know these photos are slolen straight from Ians blog, but I was there too, and my Dad hasn't yet worked out how to click onto Ians blog from mine. Enjoy Pops, you'll see it for yourself soon!

(From the post "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" the poem "Vancouver in the rain")

(Downtown Vancouver as seen from Kits beach)

No comments: