Friday, August 04, 2006

Hugh Laurie - Mystery

Hugh Laurie is, a national treasure. I started my 'youtube' explorations from Peter Cook, who has long been a comedic hero of mine. From there I went to Stephen Fry, who I also adore. His autobiograph "Moab is my Washpot" was a very honest, open and charming read.

He, of course talks about his long term comedy partner in his book, usually using him to contrast his own failings. Music being one of them. He is a natural musician, who can play any instrument put in front of him, great comic and straight actor, accomplished novelist (I loved the Gun Seller, my ex thought it was silly, so I loved it more), and director.

I stumbeled upon this clip in Works library internet station. I was laughing so loud, I had to turn it off and leave.

Pure Genius,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__DrJI7mTHQ

I want to learn the Piano now. I think I will!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good stuff. now i know why you sang it all weekend!

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Oldsmobile screensaver Percocet street prices Stephen joseph childrens backpacks nashville teen anal Standard manufacturing bathtub stem

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more- this is one of the highest points of "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" for me.