Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy New Year (of the Dog)

Hello dear reader,

It's been too long I know. However as a faithful servant to my public, I have nipped into the internet cafe after work to share in the Chinese New year revelry.

We were first attracted to the New Years parade because it was free to go to and our rent is due at the end of the week. Despite the perma-rain and grey sky's, we ventured down to Chinatown and were quite taken aback at the size of the crowd


(the entrance gate to Chinatown and the back of the parade)

(Ian getting in the way of another perfectly good picture)

There was a real vibrancy to the celebrations and lots of colour to brighten up the gloomy sky.

As I mentioned it was packed and I nearly lost Paul, Ian, Andrew and Laura in the rush. You really wouldn't have thought that this was right next to one of the roughest areas of Vancouver

There were also some scary dragons about. It really was very impressive.

As you can probably tell, I like the Dragons.

This is the Band that I want as my wedding. They were all dressed as dogs and played funky Jazz. Good stuff. I think the saxophonist nearly drowned from the rain though.

The parade lasted probably about an hour in total, which was just enough. Even Laura said she enjoyed it, although the poor thing was shivering throughout.

In other news, my work placement has been extended until the end of February which is very good news, as I have exactly $8 to last me the rest of the week (don't panic mum, I have bought my bus pass and paid my rent ($600 in one hit) and put some food money away). I faxed my timesheet 41 times today just in case.

I'm still playing 5-a-side football. Although one twit did try to break my left leg last week. He seemed to come off quite badly too so all seems fair and even. Should be able to play again tomorrow to support the mighty Banksy!

Until we meet again dear readers.

Andy xxx

3 comments:

Paul Banks said...

You flatter me Andy, I only hope I can do you proud again.

Ian said...

Tch, look at this. God, your blog's turning into some kind of This is Your Life love fest.

Why no nice things about me?!

Bully said...

Yes. Standards have been slipping recently. I think it's something to do with the constant rain and drudgery.

I'm sorry Ian. It's a lovely photo of you.