Saturday, January 07, 2006

Say Cheese!

I was given my digital camera by my parents for my birthday last July. It was just what I wanted. I was going to use it to chronicle my adventures in this great country to show my parents and friends back at home, and for me to keep as a visual diary of my time here.

Therefore, I felt a bit of an idiot leaving my USB cable at home. As regular readers will know I have begged borrowed and stolen photos, from others (principally Ian) to furnish my blog thus far.

NOT ANY LONGER! Dad kindly agreed to pop the cable over for me when he was next passing through. Since he was here he decided to have a quick holiday.

Manifestly, and in no particular order, I would like to share a few photos I had taken but have yet to post.

So here are a few of my favorite things:




Here is a photograph with two of my favorite things in. One is sharp and sexy with sleek lines, fabulous figure and sings so sweetly. She's also Canadian. She's Simon & Patrick guitar!
At the helm the guitar, (playing a D) is the lovely Laura. For those you you who have been living in a cave, Laura is the brave soul who has been dating me for the last two months. I still have yet to capture a really good photo of her. She has some great ones, but to get them from her apartment lair, may take a raid too daring even for the 'Milk Tray' man.


Laura is from New Mexico, which is right next to the Old Mexico. This means she is from Southern USA. In order to prepare me for a possible upcoming visit to New Mexico, Laura bought me this Cowboy shirt to help me blend in with the locals. I am reliably informed this is how the kids are wearing their shirts these days. All I need to complete the ensemble, is a bright shiny belt buckle, hat and cowboy boots.
(Notice how now I'm wearing the shirt, I stay one step in front of the law!)




"What's happened to Ian?" I hear you cry. Don't panic. He's just fine. He's sitting a few seats down from me writing some nonsensical stuff on his blog. He's just been accepted as a permanent employee at UBC. Congratulations Ian! He'll have regular money coming in from now on. If may even feel flush enough to buy me a drink one day. (Hey, I can dream can't I?)
This is one of my favorite photos I took of Ian. It was taken at the now legendary Essex v's Australia Cricket match in the summer. I thought Ian looked focused on the future, looking ahead to Canada and the challenge. When someone shouted STREAKER!!! From the box behind I realised where the intensity of the stare emanated.



At last a photo that better represents the scale of the Capilano Rope Bridge. Dad and me got 20% off as a rainy day discount.



Dad negotiating the 20% discount with one of the more grizzly members of the RCMP.




Mr. Whitbread. I saw this and thought of you.



Lastly, probably my best pic. English Bay (the scene of our polar bear swim triumph) in warmer days. This was taken when we were still in the hostel. Pretty isn't it.

I other news, I am in employment once again. I am working for the Workers Compensation Board. It's easy enough so far and they keep telling me their really glad I could help out (again, I hope they know their paying me). This stint should last at least until the end of the month and possibly another 2 after that. Good Stuff!

I had better get on.

Bye for now,

Andy

2 comments:

Ian said...

Good lord. My hair in that photo is so... big! I quite like the photo though.

Lewis said...

Is that Ian? Or David Brent?